La Veta, Co and Walsenburg, Co InformationIf you’re looking for a place surrounding Colorado’s beauty, check out the many properties for sale in Walsenburg, CO. Walsenburg is a vibrant city located in the picturesque Spanish Peaks Country. This charming community has a small-town feel, but there are also activities for people of all ages and interests, especially those who love the outdoors.
What are some benefits of living in Walsenburg?
- Largest city in Huerfano County, with a population of approximately 3,000 people
- Easy access to I-25, State Highways 10 and 69 and U.S. Highway 160
- Quality schools with low student-teacher ratios
- A 9-hole golf course and a water park Walsenburg Wild Waters
- Home to the Museum of Friends, the Walsenburg Mining Museum, Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center, and Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center
- Minutes from Lathrop State Park, the San Isabel National Forest, the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the Spanish Peaks
- Located along the Scenic Highway of Legends
With these great features and more, Walsenburg is a breathtaking place to call home.
Also in La Veta, CO
Here are just a few of the exciting things La Veta has to offer:
- Great schools with small class sizes
- Several lakes, trails and campgrounds, RV parks, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, ranching, trophy game hunting
- Thriving art scene with the Spanish Peaks Art Council, La Veta Gallery on Main, and the Francisco Center for the Performing Arts
- The Francisco Fort Museum, which consists of adobe buildings dating back to 1862
- Fresh, local produce at the La Veta Farmers Market
- Home of SoCo Endurance and the host of the 2017 AERC National Championship Endurance Horse Race
- 1 hour from the Great Sand Dunes National Park
La Veta is the ideal town for people who love art, history, tradition and who want to live in a close-knit community.