La Veta, Co and Walsenburg, Co InformationIf you’re looking for a place surrounding Colorado’s beauty, check out the many properties for sale in Walsenburg, CO. Walsenburg is a vibrant city located in the picturesque Spanish Peaks Country. This charming community has a small-town feel, but there are also activities for people of all ages and interests, especially those who love the outdoors.
What are some benefits of living in Walsenburg?
- Largest city in Huerfano County, with a population of approximately 3,000 people
- Easy access to I-25, State Highways 10 and 69 and U.S. Highway 160
- Quality schools with low student-teacher ratios
- A 9-hole golf course and a water park Walsenburg Wild Waters
- Home to the Museum of Friends, the Walsenburg Mining Museum, Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center, and Spanish Peaks Veterans Community Living Center
- Minutes from Lathrop State Park, the San Isabel National Forest, the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the Spanish Peaks
- Located along the Scenic Highway of Legends
With these great features and more, Walsenburg is a breathtaking place to call home.
La Veta is a tight-knit town in Huerfano County about 16 miles southwest of Walsenburg. Enjoy strolling down historic Main Street while taking in the scenic views of nearby mountains or take a picnic to La Veta Town Park. The town is steeped in tradition and holds popular annual events like Francisco Fort Day, the Spanish Peaks International Celtic Music Festival, Art in the Park, Spanish Peaks Music Fest, and La Veta Oktoberfest. With only about 800 residents, La Veta has a unique family atmosphere that you won’t find anywhere else.
Also in La Veta, CO
Here are just a few of the exciting things La Veta has to offer:
- Great schools with small class sizes
- Several lakes, trails and campgrounds, RV parks, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, ranching, trophy game hunting
- Thriving art scene with the Spanish Peaks Art Council, La Veta Gallery on Main, and the Francisco Center for the Performing Arts
- The Francisco Fort Museum, which consists of adobe buildings dating back to 1862
- Fresh, local produce at the La Veta Farmers Market
- Home of SoCo Endurance and the host of the 2017 AERC National Championship Endurance Horse Race
- 1 hour from the Great Sand Dunes National Park
La Veta is the ideal town for people who love art, history, tradition and who want to live in a close-knit community.
At Code of the West Real Estate, we are committed to helping you locate the right piece of property for your needs. If you’re interested in real estate property for sale in Walsenburg, CO, or La Veta. give us a call at 719-738-1818 (Walsenburg office) or 719-742-3626 (La Veta office), or Fremont County Real Estate. Your future home could be just a phone call away.